Landowner Services

Landowner Services Program

Placing a conservation easement on your property with Palmer is just the first step in what we hope will be a long and mutually-beneficial relationship.

Palmer’s stewardship services program is designed to assist private landowners with stewardship and management activities on their land. We may also be able to assist with facilitating grant funding for your project or provide other technical planning activities and support.

Services for landowners:

  • Watershed Protection
    • Forest health and fire mitigation
    • Habitat restoration
    • Erosion control
    • Riparian and creek fencing
  • Pasture and Range Management:
    • Invasive species evaluation and recommendations
  • Technical Assistance
    • Apply to NRCS programs such as the Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) and the Wetlands Reserve Program (WRP)

Sand Creek Restoration


Water is the lifeblood and basis of our high quality of life in Colorado. Water connects us all. With Colorado’s population set to increase significantly by 2050, water is also Colorado’s most pressing natural resource issue. As the demand for water increases, a focus on stewarding our most precious natural resources becomes even more urgent. Palmer Land Conservancy is dedicated to maintaining that focus.

In partnership with the Sprague family and the Coalition for the Upper South Platte, and with funding provided by Great Outdoors Colorado (GOCO) and FedEx, Palmer led the completion of an important habitat and wetland restoration project in the Upper South Platte River Basin.

This vital watershed offers world-class recreational opportunities, which bring tremendous economic benefits to the local communities. It is also a critical piece of Denver’s municipal water resources, providing 70% of the city’s water supply.

“Through Palmer Land Conservancy we have become participants in a broad Colorado community that works to protect the land, water, flora, and fauna – a collaboration that provides inspiration and hope for the future.”  


More information

For more information on Palmer's landowner services program, please contact us. We'd be honored to discuss how we can support you and your vision for your property.

Savannah Robar
Land Stewardship Manager
(719) 941-9498

Frequently asked questions

What types of services are available to me after I conserve my land?

Palmer is committed to supporting our landowner partners long after the conservation easement is signed. From forest health, wildfire mitigation, to habitat and watershed restoration, we are here to support your vision for your property. 

Is funding available for these types of services?

There are numerous opportunities through local, state, and federal grants that can help support specific project goals. Palmer would be happy to help you explore these opportunities.

I have questions about my water rights, can Palmer help?

As we are sure you are aware, water rights are a complicated subject in our state! Palmer staff are happy to help with many of your water rights questions; however, it may be appropriate to contact an attorney who specializes in water rights. We can provide contact information for water attorneys with whom we have worked over the years and who may be able to help you more than our staff. 

If you are interested in learning more about water rights, Colorado has documented all of the state’s water rights in an online database.  

Colorado’s Decision Support Systems:

The Department of Water Resources (DWR) also has many useful mapping tools for researching and learning more about the water resources on your property:

How do I get a grazing management plan for my property?

A grazing management plan is an important aspect of the conservation easement on your property and Palmer is happy to assist you in your efforts. Though there are other options, we recommend reaching out to your local Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) office or the District Conservationist who can provide more information on grazing and resource management and who can create a plan for your property. 

Find your local NRCS Office

Find your local Conservation District

I'm interested in learning more about plants or planting native species on my property, where should I look?

While there are numerous resources for local plants, here are a few we use at Palmer:

Easy to use websites:
Apps for your phone:
Databases/More technical keys:

Palmer is happy to help identify appropriate seed mixes for your specific location if you are interested in planting native species. Here are a few local companies that sell native seed mixes:

I have a question about the conservation easement on my property. Who do I contact?

If you have questions regarding the conservation easement on your property or your reserved rights, feel free to contact Palmer’s Land Stewardship Manager, Savannah Robar by email at [email protected] or at (719) 941-9498.